November 16, 2012
We told my
parents tonight! We were going to wait
but I just kept getting more and more restless, I flipped back and forth,
wanting to make sure the timing was just right.
When I couldn’t sit still during our movie Ty said, just tell them already!!!!! So we whipped up a cute smilebox video and I
texted my mom to make sure she and my dad were together and alone. Of course….they weren’t. Dad was meeting with the missionaries, he’s
the ward mission leader, and she didn’t call me for like an hour and I was
DYING! I thought she’d catch on but
apparently she was clueless and sort of worried that what we needed to talk to
them about was something bad. She called
and I told her I decided just to write it out in an email and to check it.
When they opened their email, this is what was waiting for them
|
|
| Slideshow design made with Smilebox |
They were so excited and I was
surprised that they were surprised!!! We
talked for about an hour and I convinced them to send our Christmas present a
little early to help make sure Baby would grow healthy, and our blend tech
showed up on our door step a few days later.
I love using it to hide the healthier things baby needs that I can’t
stand the taste of. These days no food
really sounds good so the smoothies have really helped. It was so fun getting to tell them and it made
the whole thing more real and made me even more exciting. We did realize that I’m due within 10 days of
Brad’s last transfer so that could get interesting for everyone. Everyone pray Brad comes home a little earlier than we are thinking
and baby stays put until his or her due date or later!
November 18th
Since telling my parents was a little spur of the moment, we
had no idea how we wanted to tell Tys parents.
This will be grandbaby number 14 for them so it felt a little anti-climactic
and I didn’t’ want to make too big of a deal out of it. We invited them over for dessert this Sunday
and Ty and I made a cake that said “#14 July ’13.” At first Marcy was a little
confused thinking it was something to do with Ty’s birthday but she quickly got
it and started dancing around the living room, you can always count on Marcy to
be your biggest cheerleader and it was not anti-climactic at all…..They were
both very surprised and apparently everyone really did believe me when I said
we wouldn’t be having kids for a decade or two!!! Now the hard part is not spilling the beans
to everyone else!!! Since I have been
pregnant, Anne has brought me a diet coke completely randomly and Anna was
sweet enough to have some for me for Thanksgiving dinner, I knew if I told them I wasn’t drinking it
they’d catch on pretty quick so I’d take it and give it to Ty.

No comments:
Post a Comment