Sunday, August 23, 2009

Our Engagement Story

So, I am way embaressed that I haven't finished blogging about europe...or even had a post in 2 months but before I finish that our engagement definately takes presidence over that!
August 18, 2009

Ty asked me out on a date for Tuesday which I thought was way supsicious because usually we only go out on weekends and "chill" during the week. So just in case I got cute and had my nails done. He picked me up and then DROPPED ME OFF!!! at the JKB with a pink bag and an envelope in it and left me there ALL ALONE! The envelope said to take my shoes off (you should probably read the post from when we first met here) and go to where we first met and look for pink envelopes. There were a few envelopes along the way with memories from dating and thoughts and cute stuff like that when I got to where we first met He was standing there with the scarf I hated from when we first met and said "So uh...no shoes huh?" which was the first thing he ever said to me.

There was another pink envolope where he was with the Robert Frost quote about two paths. He asked me which path I wanted to take, the cement sidewalk like a million times before, or the new one covered in rose petals and lined by pink ribbons and candles. I giddily said, "THE PRETTY ONE!!" At the end of the path was a perfect set up with Pink Martinelli's, Chocolates, pink roses and PRESENTS! As we ate and drank he had me open my present. Because my initials are a bad word, I've never been able to have anything monogramed. I've always been excited to monogram EVERYTHING when I got married since I never got to as a kid. Tyler wanted to be the first to give me something with my soon to be monogram on it and gave me a beautiful silver jewelry box with"ABS" engraved into it. I loved it and was looking at when all the sudden he was down on one knee PROPOSING!! It was so sweet and so perfect!!! I of course said yes and he gave me the most beautiful round, solitaire PINK diamond ring.

It is light pink, that you can only see in certain lighting and at different angles but it always sparkles pink. They are rare diamonds from Australia that he just happened to stumble on. He said it reminded him of me while all of the other rings he had looked at were just rings to him.

Afterwards we went to The Chefs Table. He had a special table picked out for us with a view of the valley and the Provo temple. There were candlesticks and a rose waiting for us on the table and he made sure that the chef would cook around my peculiar eating habits.

It was the most perfect night and I am so excited to be Mrs. Tyler Brown. He is perfect for me in absolutely every way and I could not imagine eternity with anyone else. I LOVE YOU TY!!!!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

Yeah Ali so excited for you guys! Enjoy this time it is full of so much fun and priceless memories. One question though the initials were ASB though right?

Julie said...

That is more of the story than you told me!!! I got the condensed giddy version!! I like this version better! Congrats guys! Love you!

Ali and Ty said...

my initials will be ASB for Ali Sue Brown but my monnogram is aBs...either way I couldnt' do it before

Grandma Joan said...

Cute story! I am very happy for you!
Glad you got something monnogramd
Better get up and let me see that ring....Love Ya

MELANIE said...

What an exciting, wonderful time of life :) Congratulations!!