The night started with me opening my first gift. It was the perfume I've been dying for and he got his hands on it for a good price thanks to a little help from Anna Kay.
Then we headed to Macaroni Grill. Neither of us had been there before, which Ty liked, but he's always (and rightfully) afraid of taking me places I've never been (on the adult menu anyways). But, he figured he was safe just by the name :)
Then we headed to Macaroni Grill. Neither of us had been there before, which Ty liked, but he's always (and rightfully) afraid of taking me places I've never been (on the adult menu anyways). But, he figured he was safe just by the name :)
While we were waiting for our food, Ty pulled out a little box. I thought he was playing a trick on me because it looked like a wrapped jewelry box. I thought he had gotten me fake diamond earrings like I mentioned on my Christmas post. I thought he was clever but it turned out to be much, much better.
He got a little tin and filled it with little hand made scrolls each with a reason of why he loves me. There were 33, our number. What makes this even sweeter is if you knew that the first anniversary present is traditionally paper and that he actually looked this up and thought of something he could give me that had to do with paper.


After dinner we headed home where we had cheesecake cupcakes (did you know there was such a wonderful perfect combination!?) He also had a few more presents waiting for me.

After that I gave Ty his present. I always feel lame giving him presents after I've opened mine from him. I feel so lame and unthoughtful. I got Ty a wallet (which he didn't need it was mostly for presentation lol) and filled it with giftcards to a lot of our favorite date places we've been to since we've known each other.

After dinner we headed home where we had cheesecake cupcakes (did you know there was such a wonderful perfect combination!?) He also had a few more presents waiting for me.
He got me new scriptures with my new last name on the outside to go along with the paper theme. He also got those cute Mr./ Mrs. pillowcases with our names because he knows how much I like monogrammed things :)
We ended the night watching movies from the Netflix subscription we got for free this month. He also got the chords we've been missing to be able to watch 24 online so he figured we might as well try out netflix and see how far we can get through 24 for free :)
This was the perfect anniversary and I am looking forward to the many, many more to come.....and the creative and sweet ways Ty will go about trying to get me all of the "traditional" anniversary presents.
I Love You Ty!!

1 comment:
awe, what a catch! Sounds like you had a great time! Happy Anniversary!! Love you both! MOM
Post a Comment