If you look really close at this picture you can see that the duck only has one foot! It was the saddest thing I've ever seen!!
Ty had to drop of some shipments for his Amazon business at the EastBay post office and when we got there this duckie was hobbling around one footed! While Ty went in I sat there feeling sorry for him as he hopped around and whined/ quacked. He was digging in the cracks of the sidewalk for cheetos someone probably dropped 3 weeks ago.
When Ty got back I told him to try and scare him so we could see if he could fly. Ty stomped up to him and the duck hobbled away and then peed his....pants he was so scared but couldn't get away. I convinced Ty we needed to help him and to get around the cornner to McDonalds to get some bread to feed him. He humored me and as I drove I made him call Animal Protection. They were already closed for the weekend though so we started planning a way to get him to Springville so the kids could feed him and he could be in a place with no predators (except may the kids)
The people at McDonalds gave me a bunch of their hamburger buns they couldn't use and we went back to the post office. Henry (we named him Henry on the way there) was still in the same spot.
I fed him while Ty went into the post office to look for a box to get him to Springville.
When Ty got back Henry all of the sudden FLEW AWAY!!
We were happy he could at least fly but decided he was either a con-artist or we gave him the strength he needed to fly.
2 comments:
Your picture didn't work…..LOL I think you got swindled by a duck! LOL
one time my sister and i found a baby bunny at an ice cream place. it was on a busy street so we caught it. i wanted to keep it but my sister wouldn't let us, so we took him to an animal shelter. it was sooooo cute.
Post a Comment