Friday, September 2, 2011

Football


I'm not gonna lie but this pretty much sums up how I feel from September-December every year.  And I don't think I'm ready to give up my husband to the cougars just yet...

But I'm going to try to have more positive attitude about it this year.  So far so good. I already surprised my husband by texting him after work and saying, "Dinner's about ready, get ready to sit back and relax and watch some football, go Montana!"  The only reply i got was, "huh? i wasn't expecting that from you"  I thought he meant go Montana...not that I was so okay with him watchign football....

Anyways its only day two in the season and we're currently watching the TCU vs Baylor game.

I do like football, I really do.  I really love watching the Cougars but I dont' understand why certain games can't be TiVo'd and why we have to watch every game every team we play during the season plays...and then some...

In Ty's defense he has given up a lot and comprimised at every point to help make me happy (the TCU game was TiVo'd hallelujuia!) so I'm not at all pointing any fingers...but I'm also not ready to give him up yet...

I'll let you know how the rest of the season goes...GO COUGARS!

What are some ways you enjoy (or pretend to enjoy) football with your hubby?

7 comments:

Ty said...

Now I feel bad :( I will try to keep the Tivo going for games. Or I could move to a part time shift but that would prob make things worse. In my defense I came home to watch the TCU game with 2 diet cokes in hand and some ding dongs :)

Ali and Ty said...

haha like I said I wasn't complaining!! Nor do I want you to feel bad, just sayin' I'm *trying* to turn over a new leaf :)

Julie said...

Randy and I both laughed at this post…and you two need to talk, not comment on your own posts! LOL

Joan said...

You can't win Ali, so just join in and have fun! Do a project while you are pretending to watch!

Ali and Ty said...

you guys are completely misunderstanding this post! i'm not complaining or trying to win!

Alyson said...

Football should always be watched live. End of story. Just saying :)

Brie said...

I think it's sweet that you're finding ways for you both to enjoy it so you can spend lots of time together.

When there is a big game coming up, or anytime BYU plays, I try to make it a little mini party/date with fun food and maybe even decorate. I mean very, VERY simply like using blue paper plates to match BYU colors or something easy. But make it an event. It will seem more special!