Sunday, February 10, 2013

Week 17: It's A.....

This was a very, very big week this week!  I had six skaters competing at Utah Winter Games in Park City and my mom and sister were driving down from Boise to take us to Fetal Foto to find out if we're having a boy or a girl!!

So proud of my girls!!
 
 
Right after the competition I met up with Ty, Jenn and my mom up at my Grandma's in SLC and we headed to Fetal Foto.  Later we had a family lunch planned at Pizza Benders and we wanted to do the big reveal and find out with everyone.  So that no one would know until then, we had the ultra sound tech tell us to close our eyes any time we got close to the baby's legs (like any of us would have known what we were looking at anyways!!) and after the appointment my mom gave her a mysterious box that she was supposed to do something with that would let us all know if it was a boy or a girl. 
"Hi Mom and Dad!!!"
I loved seeing my sweet baby's face, nose, heart and everything else for the first time but I'll admit, I was a little distracted with my excitement to know if it was a boy or a girl!!  Especially because this baby is a stubborn little one and did not want to move or show off very much.  The tech had to have me roll over a few times, poked my belly and finally had me drink some cold water to get him or her moving!! After about a half hour the tech finally saw what she needed to see and sent us on our way so she could do whatever she was going to do with that dumb box!!
 
^^ dumb box
 
 
After the appointment we met some of our family at my favorite restaurant in Utah, Pizza Benders, aka Italian village, to do the big reveal.  I think this video tells the rest of the story...
 
 
Oh and just to explain the "teddy fetish,"  Tyler and I  made build a bears of each other when we were dating and I still take mine everywhere if we have to spend a night apart, and I don't even care a little bit when I get teased for it :)
 
 

Thanks, mom and Jenn, for planning such a fun way to find out if we are having a girl or a boy!!  I'm so glad we got to do this and find out with everyone!!
 

No comments: