Between the ceremony and the luncheon I got a phone call from my doctor that the ultrasound tech at Fetal Foto saw something unusual on his ultrasound that had the potential for some serious problems. He made an appointment for Monday to see a specialist at the hospital where we would hopefully be able to clear things up and get more information. It was devastating phone call, no one wants to hear that their baby might be anything but perfectly healthy. However, I was so grateful that I was at my Aunt Gal's house spending time with her and my grandparents. Tyler was also able to get to me very fast because he was already planning to meet me at the luncheon. Being at the temple that day was also a huge blessing and I took to heart some of the things the sealer had said to Trisha and Joe. Tyler and my grandpa gave me a beautiful blessing that gave me so much comfort and peace. Afterwards, we headed to the luncheon and back to work.
The rest of the weekend was one of the longest of my life! All we could do was keep busy to keep our minds off of it and stay positive. We went to movies and dinner and spent lots of time with family. On Sunday morning I got a huge tender mercy when baby kicked me a few times. It was the first time I had ever felt him move and it was incredible. It helped me know that no matter what struggles he has in this life, whether its health problems or anything else, he is mine forever and my heart was just full of love for him. I was so grateful for the support of my family through this weekend, it really goes to show that at the end of the day, family is all that really matters.
On Monday we headed to the periantologist and had more ultrasounds and tests. The ultrasound tech was amazing and the doctor was so sweet and understanding as well. They found absolutely no signs that baby was anything but perfectly healthy and growing right on schedule. In my eyes this is a miracle and I feel so incredibly blessed. I'm trying not to be mad at the ultra sound tech at Fetal Foto for scaring the living daylights out of me, (who probably really didn't know what she was talking about) because this experience brought me so much closer to my sweet boy, to Tyler and our Heavenly Father, and I believe anything that does that is a good experience :)
I love his little feet!
Still a boy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment