Cedar Hills!
Pro's-
lots of space for Ty do to 3Star Media
Laundry Room = AMAZING
ALL utilities included even internet!
kitchen is amazing! I hate gross old kitchens...yeah I know i'm spoiled
Its NEW
I'm so sick of apartments!!!!
Gorgeous view
away from the smog
no contract close to the timpinogos temple
Cons- its far away (30 mins to Provo)
on a big hill...could be dangerous for snow?
we couldn't put our own personal touch....but I'm gonna talk to her about all the 3m hoods and gadgets to hang stuff up etc out of the way of a lot of things...but we might go explore some more
Provo-
Pro's- It's closer
Student Wards
How newly weds SHOULD be living
we can ad our own personal touches (well depends...the one we saw today, we couldn't it just depends on the house and what the landlord will allow so I don't totally think this one counts)
Cons- Its an apartment
loud people above you/ to the side of you
most are old
no bang for the buck
utilities
long contract
This

OR
this
THIS
or



9 comments:
Where is the option to just buy a new house?!?!? lol
hahaha, I am not sure you posted the pros and cons accurately, but funny either way. If it were my house, there would be NO 3M stuff stuck anywhere! Moving is a pain. And remember, keeping it clean on a moments notice for showings is a royal pain and strangers walking in and thru your stuff is not the best either.
I say yolo (you only live once)
But do whatever is best for your situation and needs. Don't forget, you have to have to clean all of that..
I think the apartment.
How bad will it stink if you have to move from that beautiful house into a nasty apartment? In a few months?? Um bad. You're supposed to start low and end up high, not the other way around!!
Also, all that space is also a LOT of cleaning. That would be a huge pain. My favorite part of my little place is that it is SO easy to clean and KEEP clean.
And moving would be a pain too. I can think of nothing worse than Greg and I having to find a new place and pack up and move all of our stuff right now. Middle of the semester for him, we are making new friends in our ward, everything is decorated, this is our home, it took us a long time to get everything the way we wanted it and I would be so sad and it would be a HUGE pain to have to leave. Trust me, you have WAY more stuff than you think!
You don't want people waking thru your house whenever they feel like it. You just don't.
It is SO fun to decorate and make a little apartment your home. We loved doing it and we love the way it looks now. It would be so sad if you didn't get to do that!
Neither of you have a car that will get you up a large hill in any form of snow. Whats the point of a house if you can't get to it 8 montths out of the year? haha jk
There's more but this comment is insane.
Well, I'm a bit biased...I want you to live by me! lol
Canyon road hill is actually NOT that bad during the winter. I've been driving it now for 6 yrs. I don't know which neighborhood this house is in, so I don't know about those side roads, but the main road is not bad.
As a newly wed, you won't be using all the rooms in the house, and thus, you can shut the doors and keep those areas clean.
Will you be saving money with this place?
Decorating is fine and dandy, but living in a house thats free or cheap could be worth the savings.
As for cleaning a "big" house for the moment it needs to be shown, well, since you will know its not your house, you will mostly likely keep it in better condition, thus cleaning won't be hard.
Have you prayed about it? Have you attended Sacrament in the ward it will be in?
If you aren't supposed to live there, but you still don't want to live in a student dump, try looking in Orem, Lindon and Pleasant Grove. And there are a lot of places for rent up in Cedar Hills.
Oh, and one last thing...with this market, houses in Cedar Hills are not selling fast...so there is a really high chance you would not be moving in and moving out quickly.
Wow long posts! My advice weigh the $$ pros and cons. That is what would have made the decisions for us at your stage in life. Which will help you get ahead the most with money.
FYI Its not free. If it were free I would probably be all over it too!! But its not. The people are still charging them $650 in rent each month....the same as most apartments they looked at.
its not free its the same cost as decent apartments in provo
Post a Comment