Monday, November 16, 2009

Blog Worthy




While staying at McKinley and Jenner's house McKinley has had two goals. 1. Teach me how to cook 2. Make me eat real food!


The first has been fairly successful...she taught me how to make a YUMMY homemade spaghetti sauce from Carrabba's....turns out the only issue is that I don't know how to sweat garlic but she's going to teach me this week! She's also taught me a homemade mac and cheese recipe and on our list of things to make is lasagna and bignet's...I'm pretty sure there was something else but I can't remember it. I don't think I'm spelling it right but bignet's are a french pastry that is sort of a cross between a doughnut and churro. They had them at La Caille and McKinley's birthday dinner and she decided to try to figure out how to make them. They said they weren't quite the same but I LOVED them!!!!


The second goal has been okay...only one major accomplishment which was cauliflower. She tricked me and said she made home made mac and cheese and saved some for me. I of course dug right in and LOVED IT! As I was eating I remembered I cook book I saw laying around called "deceptively delicious" it was full of yummy things hiding really healthy things...like brownies with spinach and chicken nuggets with broccoli. As I realized this I asked...."Wait, you're hiding something in this aren't you!" Turns out it was cauliflower but I just kept eating because it was sooo declicious! They call it Monkey Cheese around here and the kids love it as much as me!


Thank you Jenner and McKinley for letting me stay in their house! And Eli and Sofia for letting me use their bathroom :) You guys are the best!

6 comments:

Super Angie Супер Энджи said...

yea! you are almost ready to married! lol Califlower and all.

My friend has a recipe blog. You might enjoy it. I like it because she makes everything seem so laid back and easy and not "fussy" cooking.

http://feastonthisbaby.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Yay for McKinley! She will be my hero if she accomplishes any of this!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

Haha Ali....isn't cauliflower the vegetable that doesn't actually taste like anything? Kinda like a noodle? LOL That's why you liked it!

Try it raw dipped in ranch....then I'll be impressed! :)

I made some baked mac and cheese the other day. It was okay. I think next time I won't bake it tho. Before I did it tasted like the stuff from Noodles!

Ali and Ty said...

What recipe did you use?

Jenn said...

I dono just one I found online.