Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ty's First Hair Cut....From ME!

When my cousin (once removed or something like that) Danielle and her husband Jessie helped us move she mentioned that she cut Jessie's hair herself. I was way impressed haha. She said he put her on a crash course when they were dating and she's done it ever since. She said she's gotten way better and they of course sent about $10 a month by her cutting his hair.

Then about a week later we found out that place where the new cable receiver plugged into is broken! It was no longer under warranty and would cost more to fix it than the TV was worth. We were so excited to finally get cable but couldn't use it. The cable guy came and couldn't fix it even after 2 hours and we'd gone through two different replacement boxes from Best Buy. The only solution was getting a fancier box by upgrading our cable. It costs us about $15 bucks a month AND we get TIVO!! We're pretty excited so I guess its unfortunate and slightly unncecessary but it was that or no tv at all.

So....to offset the cost I called Danielle and Jesse and they came over to teach me how to cut Ty's hair.....


This is the before shot

My hair was a mess that day...sorry haha!



But apparently he trusts me quite a bit!!
That's a pretty hott bowl cut there though isn't it? haha!


And the final product...well almost...after he showered I saw a few places I needed to fix. It is a bit shorter than I wanted but I'd have to keep going shorter to fix my mistakes lol
The good news is is it will save us even MORE $$ when we have our own little boys. Although then I'll probably invest in a flobee, the vacuum hair cutter thing. But by then I should be WAYYY good cuz thats a WAYS A WAY so it'll be fine! :)

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow. 3 things:
1. Ty is very brave.
2. Greg has been cutting his own hair for years. Have Ty figure that out and you get to be totally off the hook, and he can't blame you for any mistakes! For the mess too!
3. If you ever come near your children's hair with a flobee I will be forced to call CPS on you. Just don't. haha

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J.D. said...

Where did you get your Mission Call to Elder/ ha ha J/K I like the summer doo.

Julie said...

Jenn….Brett uses a Flowbee on his boys all the time! LOL