Monday, May 31, 2010

Venting

Ugh....Im mad at Provo Power Company!!!!!

A few days ago the power randomly went out. It was one or two maybe in the afternoon. I thought maybe the people living here before us didn't pay their bill or something so I called the power company and there was an outage all over Provo. Not a huge deal except I was 15minutes away from havign made the BEST banana bread EVER. So mad!!!!!!! It came on a few hours later but I had wasted a few bucks on all the banana bread stuff. Later on the news I heard it was just cuz some idiot hit the wrong button at the power plant.

Then.....tonight.....there was a way loud BANG rightoutside Ty's office window and everything went black. Ty yelled "I thought I got shot" haha! But we looked out the window and the restraunt below us was out too and they asked us what happened. We looked out the other window and the next few blocks of streetlights were out too. ARGH


At least this time there was nothing cooking thank goodness. But....Ty and I had HUGE plans to make yummy chicken alfredo and coconut sorbet. My mom got me the pasta attachment for my kitchen aid for my birthday (post on that later :)) and I saved all my Weight Watchers points so I could eat a yummy meal and I was STARVING and right as I went to open the new gadget it went out. I swear I'm kitchen cursed. We ended up going out to eat...so now....power going out has at least cost us $20, I dont think we should have to pay the bill this month, don't you? :p

2 comments:

Mark and Jaleah Tuttle said...

Absolutely not! Stick it to the man! Mmmm... you sound like a yummy cook! way to go Al!

Ali and Ty said...

lol I dunno about that I'm learning!! But we'll have to have you guys over for dinner or a bbq or something :)