First I made these cute letters for three of my neices, Ashlynn, Emma and Sofia. I got the idea from my sister who makes the cutest letters EVER. Seriously, go check out her blog, HERE. Her's are way cuter than mine, I've never had 'the eye' for this kind of thing but I'm trying to learn!
I go to give Emma and Ashlynn's to them at the Brown Family All King's Day Celebration and I knew she wouldn't get it but I still wanted her to be there when I showed her mom. She was so cute and smiled and reached out to grab it and it just made me happy. That girl is darling, and we're getting to be good friends even though I don't think she was too sure of me at first (I think mostly because I usually saw her when we were watching football and I sat next to a really really loud boy.....and she does NOT like loud noises!) That same night we were playing in the play closet and she started copying how I was playing with the toys and it just made me melt. I LOVE my neices and nephews!
Last night I finished this wreath for Valentines Day
I wanted to make it last year, really REALLY bad but I could not find heart shaped styrofoam anywhere! Ty drove me all over Provo/ Orem looking for it and the best we found was a tiny 4" one. This year I was more prepared and started looking early. I'm pretty excited about how it turned out because i was getting nervous while doing the top part....it was a little tricky but I like the final result. For the tutorial go HERE
Let me know if you decide to make it, I want to see how yours turned out! Word of caution- it takes a while and is slightly tedious....but that was good for me because I was B-O-R-E-D but plan on spreading it out over a few days and go find your styrofoam hearts early!! I got mine at JoAnn's but it was the last one and broken (nothing a little hot glue couldn't fix though) but I know Hobby Lobby just got a new shipment in less than a week ago.


2 comments:
Cute! I bought a heart shaped Styrofoam wreath thing today! I hope mine turns out as good as yours! :)
Love the wreath!! So cute. Good job, Ali.
Post a Comment