Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Years Eve

We spent New Years Eve with the Brown's in Springville having a Skalla style fondue party.  It's a tradition my Grama Judy started and my family has kept going and I will definately keep going with my future family.  I'm so glad the Brown's like it as much as I do....or at least humor me :) 

After dinner we rung in the new year with games and then martinelli's, poppers, sparklers and confetti, thanks to Ty's brother, Tanner.



New Years Eve is my favorite holiday.  Not only is it the one day a year I get to eat my absolute most favorite meal,but I just feel like there's a clean slate for me full of so many opportunities and possibilities.  My favorite thing about the new year is to reflect on the last year and make some goals for the one ahead.  I've realized that my goals are typically the same.....read the scriptures more, drop x amount of pounds, give up caffeine etc etc etc.  On New Years Day our Bishop's wife, Sister Thompson gave a wonderful talk on resolutions that got me thinking....
She looked at the root word of resolution- resolute and told us some synonyms like- decisive, bent (on), single-minded, unfaltering, unhesitating, immovable, self-willed, uncompromising.  And the single antonym, half-hearted.  I realized the reason my resolutions have to be repeated every year is because I have been far too half-hearted about them SO for this year my number one resolution is to be RESOLUTE about my resolutions.

Here are a couple, some repeats, some not....

1. Burn 2000 calories every week.
2. No more diet coke
3. Floss
4. Send birthday cards to family *on time*
5. Weight 115lbs by August 8, 2012 (my GRADUATION!!!!!)
6. Pay off student loans by 12/31/12
7. Go to temple every month. No. Matter. What.
8. be up to date with tithing by every fast sunday
9. Fast with more meaning....i've never been a good faster
10.  Finish Book of Mormon with Ty

No comments: