Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Weeks 8 and 9

Week 8 was pretty uneventful, Tyler and I were called to help with the Ward Christmas Party at church and that kept us pretty busy.  It was a lot of fun and a good way to get to know people in the ward. 

Week 9 was fun because we got to tell my grandparents.  Since we live so close to Grama Joan and Papa Doc we waited to tell them in person.  I felt bad though because we kept having to change the time because of work and other things and I was just dying to tell someone!!  While we were on our cruise we bought two photo albums in Jamaica and ended up only filling one.  We decided that the extra album would be a fun present for my grandparents because they just got back from a 50th anniversary cruise to Jamaica with all of my aunts and uncles.  We filled it with pictures from their cruise but the last one was our little pregnancy announcement.  When we finally got up to their house my grama was making caramels for Christmas and was stuck at the stove stirring them for about an hour.  I was dying to just tell her but waited for her to be done.  All the while my mom was in Boise with Jenn and Adalynn texting me, "Did you tell them yet? Did you tell them yet?!?!"  Finally when she was done I let them open their present and they took FOREVER looking at every picture!! Again, I was dying!!!  Finally they got to the last page and they were so surprised!!! 



The next day I called Grama Judy and Papa Dean.  I called them first and told them to check their e-mail but first I had to make sure they were by themselves, (sorry if I made Grama be rude Bart! lol). I sent them our announcement and they were very excited too.  It's so fun telling people, it got a little more real each time.  I'm kind of glad we were able to drag it out for a while and tell people at different times.  I know my Grama hated keeping the secret but it made it really fun for us!!

No comments: