We were going to wait until Christmas Day and then we decided Christmas Eve, and then I just couldn't wait any longer so we told them the day after we got there. When I was born Jenn got a cabbage patch doll named Natalie to take care of while mom took care of me. We thought this would be a good way to tell them so we bought Adalynn a cabbage patch doll and wrote her a letter from our little baby.
I think Jenn was a little speechless at first, she was the only one that I knew had no idea!! Ryan pretended to be surprised for a little bit but it finally broke that dad accidentally let it slip to Ryan just a week or so after I told them. They swore him to secrecy but I didn't really care that he knew.
To tell Brad I had sent him a Christmas package a few days before that had a Christmas present and a puzzle for him to put together that said "You're going to be an uncle....again!"
When we talked to him on Christmas Day he told me he totally knew what was going on the second he saw a package "with all kinds of directions and puzzles to put together" lol. Now I want to send him a puzzle that just says, "Have a good day bud, love you!" :)
The rest of the weekend was full of yummy food, snuggling Adalynn and just having some good old family time.
My mom warned us that this was this generation's last year with "Grandma-Great Jammies" and the new grama-great got to take over.
Adalynn was too little to go see Santa this year so Ty put on his Santa shirt to get as close as we could.
Her shirt says "Santa Loves me" but I'm not quite sure she loves Santa quite yet!!






No comments:
Post a Comment