Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Book of Mormon Read-A-Thon 7pm-7am

For our ward party this month, we had an all night Book of Mormon read-a-thon from 7am-7pm. I was pretty sick before so I only stayed until 10 or 11 but it was so much fun I wish I could have stayed the whole time. Vanessa and I went back at 6am to read for another hour and eat breakfast with everyone who made it the whole night. I was impressed at how many people stayed the whole time. We started in Alma 30, since most of the ward is in Religion 122 classes and that starts there too. The goal was to finish the whole Book of Mormon but I think only one group made it the whole way. I stayed until Alma 47 or so and when I got back at 6am my group was starting 4th Nephi, not to bad huh?

Vanessa, me and Megan
The group I read with- Brian, Kevin, Jordan, Jessica, Amy, Lisa, Annalise, Lacey, Brittni and Vanessa

Brittany, Me and Vanessa at 6am. Brittany was there the whole night!!

All the people who made it from 7pm-7am, good job guys!!
I was really grateful for this opportunity to have a whole night dedicated to reading the scriptures. It truely was a blessing and it gave me a different perspective on the scriptures as we read. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon and the ancient and modern prophets who made it possible for me to have this sacred book in my life. I know that it is the word of God and that he prepared this book for this dispensation to edify, bless and warn us for this day. I love my Heavenly Father and am so grateful for the gift of His Son and for the atonement and all the things He has blessed me with throughout my life.




No comments: