Sunday, February 6, 2011

Be Still My Soul



In Relief Society today we sang, "Be Still My Soul."  I've sung it (well lipsynched it) 1,000 times before but it never really hit me like it did today.

My anxiety has really been taking a toll on me lately.  With midterms this week, stress at work and getting into a new fitness routine my psyche has taken a beating.  As always, things haven't gone as planned and I have been harder on myself than usual.  So many times this week, I have felt like the little girl falling into the river.  What I haven't done is looked to my Savior the way that I should be.  Singing this song helped me remember that always, always, always, I have someone on my side.  Someone who thinks I can do it.  Someone who can help me do it.

I loved the line, "In ev'ry change He faithful will remain."  The biggest problem with anxiety is that its a really vicious cycle.  I get stressed out about one thing which stressed me out about another and then I get anxious about being stressed and I get really hard on myself.  It brough me so much peace knowing that every step of the way, He still has faith in me.  IN ME.  So much we think about how we need to have more faith in Him but I have never stopped to think that He has faith in me.  He thinks I can do it!  How amazing and wonderful is that?! 
"Be Still and Know that I am God"



2 comments:

Brie said...

That was a beautiful post. The picture you used is my *all-time-favorite* picture of Christ. I love the peace and hope it gives to see him reaching down to help us. All we have to do is reach up and accept his hand. Thanks for your testimony. Miss you!

Bartholomew's said...

Great post alli!!:) It is s true, and very touching!