Thursday, October 28, 2010

Work

I have been absolutely LOVING my job lately so I decided to blog about it. How great it is that I really and truly love working?? As most of you know I'm a figure skating coach at Peaks Ice Arena. I started working there January 2009 teaching Learn to Skate (LTS). I remember being terrified for my first shift because I had NO training. They just sorta gave me a clipboard and told me to go! Good thing I am an expert at "Red-Light-Green-Light!!"


A few months later, in April, I started as a private coach. My first student was Brooke and I taught her for a while but sadly not anymore :( During that summer I had a random mix of students coming and going but in September I started with my oldest (but also youngest!!) student Amanda. Since then I have added ten other students ranging in age from 6-40 something and Basic 4-Adult Silver.

Most recently, two of my students passed USFSA tests for Adult Pre Bronze moves in the field and freeskate and Adult Bronze Freeskate. I get more nervous for their tests than I ever did for my own. Thank goodness I am 6/6 on tests passed!!



I also teach the BYU and UVU figure skating classes and it is SO much fun!!! Each year at the end of the semester they do a performance for their final and it is seriously one of my favorite things in the whole world. My classes this year are doing "Single Ladies" (UVU) and "Greased Lightning" (BYU). The pictures coming up are from last year where we did a super hero theme and Mulan.

1 comment:

Brie said...

I love that you love your work because I love having you work here!