We celebrated my due date by going to the hospital for a non-stress test. Part of me was dying for them to say that they needed to induce me right then and there but I wasn't completely disappointed when they said that my little guy would be staying put. My fluid levels were on the low side of normal so the nurse said she wouldn't be surprised if they had to induce me if I made it to the next test scheduled for Monday but chances were even better I'd go into labor over the weekend.
On Thursday, my parents and BRAD finally got here. We met them for dinner at Texas Roadhouse on their way in. I was so glad that they would for sure be here when the baby was born and that Brad would get to meet his new nephew right away. Having my mom here was exactly what I needed to feel like I was ready for my baby boy to come and be a mom myself. Sometimes a girl just needs her mom!!
At this point, I had taken off work completely so I had lots of spare time. I filled it mostly with getting things completely ready for the baby. I cleaned the house, finished his laundry, and ran all of my last minute errands. I also started trying everything I could think of (and/ or tolerate!) to get this baby here. Every floor in my house was scrubbed on my hands and knees, I ate an entire Costco pineapple and my Aunt Gal had me walking hills by the American Fork temple and drinking raspberry leaf tea. We had lots of fun together and it was a good way to pass the time, but still. no. baby. I think we were both hoping one day I wouldn't show up for our morning walk but she'd know where to find me! Those mornings are some of my favorite memories from my entire pregnancy and I can't wait to drive by those hills with my boy and tell him how hard I was trying to get him here! Thanks Aunt Gal!!!
Unfortunately, by Monday I was still VERY pregnant. We decided to have my parents come with me to the non-stress test so Ty could get as much work in before the baby did come. You'll have to wait for the next most to see how that went! ;)
July 21, 2013
40.5 weeks

1 comment:
Ali, I know we haven't talked in forever, but I just love keeping up with your blog! You do such a great job of capturing the ups and downs of every new life experience while staying positive, and it seems you are always on a mission to better yourself, and that is so inspiring to me!
Also, I saw your pictures on Facebook of you and your little one, he is such a beautiful baby and I'm sure you are an incredible mama already! And you might just be the cutest pregnant woman I have ever seen! Hope you are doing well enjoying your lovely little family :)!
Post a Comment