Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 39

This week was crazy but it was tons of fun.  Brad got home from his mission in Cleaveland, OH, my kids were competing, there was the Brown family reunion/ dinner and Ty celebrated his 29th birthday.

I spent Saturday morning glued to my iPad waiting via FaceTime for Elder Skalla to come up the escalator at DIA.  I was really emotional all morning,  I was so proud of Brad, not only for going on a mission, but for the kind of mission he served.  His weekly Monday letters were always something to look forward to, and I admit, I do kind of miss them.  I am so sad I wasn't able to be there to welcome him home but he reminded me it was for the best reason possible.


  

That afternoon we headed up to Bountiful for the Copper Cup competition.  I made Ty come with me just in case I couldn't get myself home for whatever reason.  I knew everything would be fine if he  but if I was alone, surely my water would break during my skater's five minute warm up.  Congrats to Brittany and Katie, so proud of you both!


That night we went to the Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Ty's 29th birthday.  It was a pretty low key birthday but he said our baby boy was the best present ever.  On Sunday we went to Springville for a special dinner Ty's mom made and a little party with everyone.  


On Monday, I had what was hopefully my last doctors appointment with Dr. Nance.  Unfortunately, I was only a ONE. Three weeks to move one lousy centimeter!! They scheduled a non-stress test for me to make sure the baby had enough fluid and was still happy in there.  I felt a little guilty for hoping that his fluids were low but I just couldn't wait to meet my son!!

No comments: