Wednesday, July 24, 2013

One Week- Going Home!

        I thought I'd feel really nervous leaving the hospital but I was amazed how good and calm I felt.  My legs did start shaking as my favorite nurse, Britini, wheeled me through the lobby.  I'm not sure if it was nerves or the car seat on my legs!
        We had to make a couple of stops on the way home and we didn't get in until almost 10pm!  By that time we were exhausted so we ate dinner, showed Tate his nursery and went to bed.  For the first week Tate was waking up twice each night but was relatively easy to get back to sleep after feeding him.  I was so grateful my mom was here to show us the ropes and keep me calm.  We also got a lot more sleep than we otherwise would have.  I think that was the biggest thing that made bringing our sweet boy home such a good/stress free experience.  That, and the fact that she made sure I was showered and dressed every day and my bed was made.  That's what are mom's for, right?

Getting dressed to go home
  
   
Happy Family <3 p="">

   
                                                                    Britini sending us off

You would have thought we were there two weeks, not two days!

No comments: