Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Jars

So far I've only really been focusing on resolutions #2, 5 and 10. 7 and 8 will finally come when I'm am 100% better (I'm at about 75% right now).

As far as #5 goes I finished my first fiction book, Christmas Jars. My parents sent it to me as a Christmas gift with an actual Christmas Jar. You'd have to read the book to really get it but its about hope, charity and the real meaning of Christmas. I'm hoping to start my own Christmas Jar but I will have to divide my pocket change between there and the piggy bank we have to put towards student loans or car loan when its full. Maybe by that time we won't need that money and it can all go to the Christmas Jar! That would be a great Christmas!!!


I'm now looking for a good non-fiction book to read. Those are harder for me because I thnk they are very interesting but I get bored and can't sit and read for hours and hours like I can when I really get into a fiction book.


Any suggestions? I especially like financial books and LDS Religious Books.

2 comments:

Anne Brown said...

You should start on President Monson's book that we got for Christmas and let me know how it is.

Another amazing biography that I love is "Glimpses into the Life and Heart of Marjorie Pay HInckley." She was a Type 2/1 and I gleaned a lot of inspiration from reading about her life.

Ali and Ty said...

Annd I thought of that as soon as I posted this! I already started! I'm not very far into it but so far so good!