Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resolutions

On one of the author's of my favorite blogs, "356 Days of Happy Me," Michelle, started doing the "Wellness Challenge"  Most of the things on it are part of my new years resolutions (which I have been struggling to keep! :( ) I think this is a really good way to keep me motivated and see how well I really am doing with them.  I customized the list a little bit to fit my needs and goals though.  Every time I get 100 points I'm going to treat myself to something.  I'm not sure what though because I don't want it to be food and we don't have the funds right now to buy a new pair of shoes every couple of weeks :)  Let me know if you have any ideas!



Daily
1- 8 hrs. of sleep- 1 point

2- 48 oz. of water - 1 point

3 -60 minutes of exercise- 2 points

4- 1 servings of veggies (and by serving I mean trying it!...I am also going to make this worth 10 points because I'm a wimp)

5- 2 servings of fruit- 1 points

6- No unhealthy snacks (ex: potato chips) or eating out- 1 point

7- No Diet Coke or other soda- 3 points

8- No sweets. (Desserts, pastries, sugary snacks & cereals) * Sugar-Free alternatives are OK.- 1 point

9- No eating after 8pm or dinner (whichever is later) - 1 point

10 -30 min. of scripture study- 1 point
11- One journal entry (any length)- 1 point

12 -One act of kindness- 1 point

13- Ice skating for more than 30 minutes- 1 point

14- Be on time to school/ work/ church- 1 point (lose 2 points when I'm late!)

Weekly

15- Go to Institute- 3 points

16- Have family night- 3 points

17- Go to temple- 5 points

18- Lose 1lb- 5 points

I'm excited for this. Its more like a game so it will be more fun and will keep me accountable.

Let me know if you'd like to contribute to the shoe fund :p Just Kidding!  BUT really do let me know if you have an idea for a way I can reward myself for every 100 points!

2 comments:

Anne Brown said...

I love this! It will work perfect for you! And you win everyday - even if you don't get all the points you will be sure to get at least a few.
You should try making fruit smoothies and sneak a little spinach in it...lots of fruit and our serving of veggies!
Good luck!

Amanda Harrison said...

Ali, you should order Deceptively Delicious. It's an amazing cookbook that gives you ideas to trick yourself into eating veggies. My roommate had it and all the recipes I had were super tasty and not overtly "veggie" like.

http://www.amazon.com/Deceptively-Delicious-Simple-Secrets-Eating/dp/006176793X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294935846&sr=8-1