
That ladies and gentlemen, is 5lbs of fat. And I'm gonna lose about 6 of those!
Today one of my facebook friends said she is "jealous of my fitness adventures" It made me laugh because it is nothing to be jealous about! I am over weight and miserable with how I look and feel. BUT I'm doing something about it!! I liked her phrase "fitness adventures" because it made it sound like it was at least a little bit fun. So to keep me motivated my blog is going to temporarily turn into the Fitness Adventures of Ali and Ty.
Today Ty and I got our complimentary session of personal training that Jon at Gold's Gym threw in when he was trying to sell to us.
It was a rude awakening.
I was mad that we didn't just get right into working out and we sat at the desk for a half hour and talked but afterwards I was glad I did. This is what I learned:
Rude Awakening #1: I'm 5'2" and I weigh 145 lbs. This is really really hard for me to say out loud....on the internet of all places. I haven't even told my mother and fought Ty to not look at the scale when I finally made myself weigh myself. But I think it will motivate me more than anything now that the whole world knows how bad its gotten and how hard I am going to have to work to get back down to my "happy weight" of 127 and then my ideal weight of 118.
Rude Awakening #2: My BMI is a 26.6 which means I am in the middle of being over weight on the BMI Chart. At 127 lbs I will be at a BMI of 23 which is a healthy weight but still too close to the over weight side of things for my taste. At 118 I will be at 21.5, right smack dab in the middle of a healthy weight.
Rude Awakening #3: My Body Fat percentage is 30 freaking percent. Gross. At Golds their computer program said I should shoot for 12%
Rude Awakening #4: My current health age is 28. It's like the biggest loser thing! I was so excited I got to try it until I saw what my age actually was. My "Goal Health Age" is 17 which I thought was a little bit silly but I guess if that means that when I really am 28 I'll feel like I'm 25 or when I'm 40 I'll still feel 37, I'm on board.
My Goals: As I said before my real goal is to be 118 but the handy dandy Gold's gym computer had this idea for me....either way I think I will be feeling a lot better than I do now!!
Weigh 121lbs, 12% body fat and have a BMI of 22.2. If I accomplish this it will mean I have lost 29 lbs of fat and gained 5lbs of muscle.
6 comments:
you go girl! i know you can do it :)
Well that was very brave of you and nothing like owning up to make you reach a goal. I am proud of you! You can do this! Do they help you with nutrition?
That's exactly why I did it. No more pretending it isn't that bad or making excuses.
They do have nutrition stuff but I'm not sure if its something I could do. They gave me a meal plan with the other info but like usual i don't like most of it. My plan right now is to eat the stuff I do like and replace the other meals with Maakoa. Either way we'd have to actually pay for personal training sessions to get that info. We're toying with the idea just to jump start everything and keep us from "plateauing" I'll post about that tomorrow
Way to go Ali! the best way to go is owning up to what you are & what you want to be!!! I am learning that slowly! I wish you were a bit closer so I would have work out buddy! Make Ty go with you! It is so much easier to have a work out buddy! GOOD LUCK! You will rock it out!
Yikes that is pretty nasty! Although I feel like when that huge hunk of fat goes away I should look like that girl holding it! I lost 5 pounds, why don't I look like that??? Haha
You can do it ali!! but I hate to break it to you.. your going to have to the nutrition thing. It's a life style change
Post a Comment