Friday, May 11, 2012

Insanity

My friend, Keri, got the Insanity DVD set on KSL for just $40!!  This is awesome because it normally retails for $120 + $25 shipping!  Personally, I think I'd rather use that money to get a gym membership, but Keri's letting me do it with her so I get the best of both worlds!

Click the picture to get to Insanity's website

I've been totally intimidated by it, I've heard of it and seen the infomercials but was down right scared when Keri invited me to do it with her.  I had to bribe myself with a diet coke.

It was HARD.  Hardest work out I've ever done, (excluding when Gary from International Competitive Edges came and I skated so hard I nearly puked).  I had to stop a lot, but Keri was an excellent cheerleader and we kept each other going.  And you know what, it's hard, but it's totally doable.  I felt really good after and I still feel like I have the energy for the rest of my day, which isn't always the case.  I did a boot camp class one summer and couldn't skate after because my legs would shake so bad for the whole rest of the day!

If you want to try Insanity but aren't ready to shell out the $140, I found a free teaser from Self Magazine.  I remember it being in one of their issues a few months ago but now it's posted online for FREE!!!  Now that's the best kind of work out!!!!

Click the picture to get to the work out.

Let me know what you think if you decide to try it!

3 comments:

k e r i r a n z e n b e r g e r said...

just wait until tomorrow, we won't be able to sit on the toilet. :D

Mom said...

Go you! Pam did it and loved it! Wear your orthotics though, it's hard on your feet!

Pancake said...

I LOVED LOVED Insanity!! Month 2 is the best, really hard and you had to push yourself. Only draw back, It was very hard on my feet.... Enjoy!