Sunday, May 13, 2012

Thank you mom!



This video reminded me so much of my mom.  She did everything in this video for me and so much more.  Thank you for letting me follow my dreams.  For doing my laundry.  For waking up at 5am to get me to the rink.  For always being there when I got home from school.  For helping me with my homework.  For making me dinner.  For putting up with all those tears when I wouldn't eat when you made for dinner.  For doing my laundry.  For helping me with all of those campaign posters.  For making me walk to school that one day.  For always being there with exactly what I needed to hear after every competition- good or bad.  For always listening to me. For cheering for me when I got my first B.  For always expecting more of me because you knew I could do better.  For knowing when I really was doing my best.  For planning my beautiful gorgeous, perfect wedding.  And every school dance.  Thank you for being such a good example to me. 

I could list things all day but thank you mom most of all for doing what was best for me, even when it wasn't fair to you.  Thank you for sacrificing so that I could learn and grow. 


I hope I have the strength, courage and love you have as a mother, when it's my turn.  I am so grateful for such a wonderful example of motherhood and know that I will be a good mom one day because you were the one who taught me how.




1 comment:

Julie said...

Thank you Ali! Did they take all the sound effects out so you couldn't hear all the yelling? Lol. Hard work but so worth it as I see you teaching other girls the sport you love so much! I'm proud of you!