The best part? ....
1216 calories, yes for the whole thing!
Sorry the staging isn't more impressive, I was in a hurry. And I made this one with 1/2 wheat flour and it makes the dough a bit harder to work with so it isn't as pretty as usual.
The Recipe comes from Tys wonderful sister, Sara:
1 T yeast
3/4 c warm later
2 cups flour
1 t salt
1 t salt
Stir yeast into bowl of water
Pour flour and salt into kitchen aid bowl and add the yeast mixture. Mix with bread hook on a maximum speed of 2.
Pour flour and salt into kitchen aid bowl and add the yeast mixture. Mix with bread hook on a maximum speed of 2.
Let rise for 5 minutes
Remove air bubbles by slapping and kneading and throwing dough (Ty does this for me since he has worked at every pizza place in Provo....when he's not around I skip it and its fine)
Roll out onto cookie sheet or pizza stone.
I top it with about 1 cup (half the jar) Ragu pizza sauce and 1 cup (MEASURE IT!!!!) mozzerella cheese.
This is one where being picky helps me out. Having no meat toppings really helps keep the calories low. If you want to spice it up a bit, load it with veggies or some lean meat, like ground turkey sausage. I'm sure you can also get turkey pepperoni somewhere.
I usually cut it into 1/8ths, making it 152 calories per slice. If Ty feels like adding more "junk" on his we usually make two personal sized pizzas out of it, and for me, its just 600 calories for the whole thing! And yes, I did eat my entire half of it last night, and it was good!
To put things in perspective, here's the calorie information for a slice of a large cheese pizza from some of our old favorite places
Little Ceasars: 250 calories
Pizza Hut: 320 calories
Papa Johns: 320 calories
Dominios: 240 calories
and the winner of the best fast food pizza?
Black Jack: 200 calories, now that's the only pizza I'll get that I didn't make myself
1 comment:
Papa Murphy's delite pizzas are even better. I think like 150ish a slice!
Post a Comment