The first thing I did when I set my goal to lose 40 pounds was download the My fitness pal app on my android. My boss introduced me to it about two years ago and I would use it for a day or two and then forget. This time around, I made a point to record every morsel of food I ate. I measure absolutely everything and use my food scale at least a couple of times per day.

Next is my Fitbit. I LOVE it! My mom got it for me a few months ago. I clip it onto my bra each morning and it counts my steps, stairs climbed, miles and calories burned. I even wear it on my wrist (it comes with a wristband) while I sleep and it tracks my sleep too! It sync's with my computer and the fitbit website AND myfitnesspal!
My goals are to walk 5 miles, 10 flights of stairs and take 10,000 steps.

The best thing about it is that it makes me constantly think about how much I move. When I'm at home and talking on the phone, I would normally just sit on the couch but with my fit bit I think, "I need to hit my 10,000 steps, I better just walk around my apartment. One night I was at 4.7 miles and my goal is five for the day. I started jogging around my living room at 11:30 at night to get up to five miles.
I also joined 24 hour fitness in February and love it! I go (almost) every day. Their classes are the best, body pump and lift are my favorite.

Last, is my meal plan. It started as more of a budget thing than a health thing but I quit doing it in mid march and my eating was horrendous!! I started doing it again right away!! I found mine via pinterest from the tip junkie blog. You can get one for yourself HERE

Every Sunday, I plan each meal and then double check what I don't have in my cupboards for each meal, then I grocery shop the next day. I won't let myself buy anything that isn't on this list, no matter if its on sale or if it sounds really really good. It's helped our budget, and my waistline quite a bit, although I didn't realize how much for the latter until we went off of it. It also lets me plan ahead, if I know what we are having for dinner, I can plan how much I'll eat and know if I can "afford" a bigger snack during class or something.
What are your favorite weight loss/ health tools?
No comments:
Post a Comment