My weight has always been a struggle. As a competitive figure skater, it was always on my mind. My wonderful coaches never ever pushed me inapprorpriately to lose weight, but I knew it held me back as a teenager. When I was training at 16 and 17 I typically hovered around 127 pounds.
at 16 in 2006- that 127 was *mostly* muscle!
Senior Pics at 17 years old 127-130 lbs in Septemberish of 2007

18 years old moving into my dorm at BYU 130-134 lbs in August of 2008
Age 18 The same weekend I met Ty at 124 pounds in February of 2009
I had dropped about 10 pounds doing Atkins/ South Beach type of diet
I had dropped about 10 pounds doing Atkins/ South Beach type of diet

And then...we went to Europe. At age 19 May 2009, I think I gained every pound back on that trip. We ate and ate and ate and ate. Bread in Ireland, Pastries in France, Gelato in Italy, chocolates in Belgium, Hob Nobs in London....and McDonalds everywhere else! (I'll get to that later)
Let's just say back to 133ish pounds
Let's just say back to 133ish pounds

And then our wedding, December 2009! Unlike most other brides, I didn't do any crash dieting and worry about it much at all really. I ate normally and exercised regularly and *think* I stayed around 133 pounds
After that, is when it got really bad. I got sick and couldn't work out and I got really depressed. I turned to food more than ever for comfort and Ty and I sort of bonded over it. Popcorn with m and m's was a nightly ritual and to be honest, I stopped caring about my appearance. I figured if I couldn't work out and I felt like crap and was in pain all of the time, what was the point of looking good or even trying?
Tys Graduation April 2010 I'm guessing I was around 140 pounds about here
This was right after my surgery in July of 2010 where I topped out (for then) at 148 I stayed around there until I started losing weight in January of 2011

March 2011 In 3ish months I got down to 137 pounds.
I still remember the day I quit weight watchers. It was right after Grandma Kay's funeral. I had a million lifesaver mints at the funeral home and decided they didn't count. Then the entire family went to lunch at Brio. Emotions were so raw, it was italian, I couldn't find the point infromation and I decided not to count. And never thought about what I ate again, until November that is. By then, I had gained it all back plus six pounds.
November 2011 154.4 pounds
That same month I missed my period. I took a few pregnancy tests that all came back negative but thought it would be best to go see a doctor, just in case, especially when a friend told me the home tests were never accurate for her. I remember sitting in the doctors office thinking that I would be happy no matter what the test said. This wasn't planned but I do want kids, sooner rather than later. But I also kept beating myself up about all of the things I would have done differently had it been planned. I'd be better about taking my vitamins, sneak some spinach into smoothies, quit drinking diet coke, be working out so that I could stay active through pregnancy. Coulda...Shoulda...Woulda.... Thank goodness.... I wasn't pregnant. (And I only say thank goodness because I wasn't and because it gave me a nice wake up call. If I had been I would have said thank goodness I was!)
Apparently that was the wake up call I needed. I started working out and started counting my calories immediately. Within the next few months I gave up Diet Coke (still a work in progress on that one) and joined a gym to up my workouts. Since then, I have lost a total of 22.4 pounds and am back to a much healthier 132 pounds. I hope to lose another 12-17 pounds to get to my goal weight of 115....120? We'll see how I feel when I'm there. Tomorrow I'll post pictures from my weight loss the past few months.


1 comment:
Good luck!! I think it's awesome you have lost 22 pounds so far! I need to lose weight too, but I'm still trying to find motivation to work out, haha. You're awesome!
Post a Comment